Who runs the world?
2021 might be looking uncertain at present, but one thing is for sure: it will be the year in which the forces of feminism and entrepreneurialism fully converge, and together, they’ll usher in a new dawn of female entrepreneurship. The results will benefit all of us; empowering the women making bold leaps in the world of business, and bringing positives to the economy, consumers, and society alike.
This surge, while bubbling away for some time, will ultimately come down to a number of converging forces. These include:
- The ever-increasing recognition that startups led by women are as successful, and often more successful than those run by all-male teams. Indeed, the numbers have long since reported this trend, with First Round Capital reporting that women-led companies enjoy 63% more performance than similar players run by men.
- A critical mass of successful and inspirational female entrepreneurs, blazing trails for others to follow. Businesses such as TheRealReal, Spanx, 23andMe, Rent the Runway, Karma, AppTech – and literally thousands of others – are breaking new ground and building a foundation for female-led business success.
These companies, and others like them, are making headway by carving out a female-friendly business environment. They refuse to play by boys-club rules, never asking for permission or taking second place. Furthermore, the sheer breadth of ground that they cover is banishing the notion of what a female-led business can be. We’re beyond the realm of home economics and makeup… and we’re not looking back.
- There is a developing ecosystem out there which is offering a workable, reliable, and results-driven support network for women entrepreneurs. From coaching to networking, sourcing resources, and establishing peer-to-peer business connections, this ecosystem is ripe for the mainstream and about to take over.
- The cost of technology is coming down rapidly, allowing entrepreneurs of all backgrounds to get the ball rolling, and start the businesses which reflect their vision.
- Other business costs are plummeting too, and the COVID-19 pandemic has proven, perhaps once and for all, how effective and affordable working with remote teams can be. Obviously, this won’t always be the case with all businesses, but remote working is undoubtedly going to play a key role in the years to come, and it will reduce overheads to the extent that entrepreneurialism is going to be far, far more commonplace than perhaps ever before. This, by its very nature, is likely to benefit women more than men.
- There are more sources of funding for female entrepreneurs than ever before, from micro-financing projects to women-specific grants and business loan schemes. Crowdfunding, too, is de rigueur for many new businesses, bringing another form of funding possibility where previously there were very few options out there.
Underpinning these forces is something equally important: a fast-developing recognition that it isn’t merely a handful of female entrepreneurs who can make it, as was the case in the old days when one seat was reserved at the corporate table for women. Today, and for the future, there’s an understanding that there’s room in the pie for all of us to grow, to develop, and to support each other. A women’s entrepreneurial network is every bit as vital as any other network, especially when you consider the hurdles that women in business still have to face.
Here at Haus of Hendricks, we’re committed to using our skills, experience, and industry expertise to form a crucial part of that network. As a female-led business ourselves, we understand the barriers standing in the way of equality and equal success, and we know that it is down to branding and creative agencies like ourselves to lead the way. That’s why we’ve worked closely with brands like Sobha Realty and Al Habtoor, who have women in lead positions, and who have benefited from our shared vision to take their branding to new heights of excellence.
Success Begets Success
As more and more female-led companies find success, the venture capital funds will start flooding into such businesses. It might take some time for the traditional patterns and prejudices to be eroded completely, but in a world where success and bottom lines mean, well, pretty much everything, these seismic shifts will eventually come about driven by revenue and consumer behaviours.
Such women-run companies will not only make the economy grow, but they will also make the lives of the women who work for the better, and will improve the lives of women who benefit from their products and services. Make no mistake: we are entering a golden age of female entrepreneurship, and we’ve gotten here through consistent effort, vision, and refusing to back down in the face of adversity. This is the beginning of a monumental transformation in society, and one which has been a very, very long time coming.
Haus of Hendricks is on-hand to help out with all of your branding needs, whether you’re a woman entrepreneur, a female-led business, a company looking to develop in inclusivity and gender-balanced operations, or anyone else, for that matter. We’ve spent years honing our skills in branding, graphic design, website design, events management, and more, and we’ve got what it takes to bring your branding and brand image into a brighter and more successful future.
Join us, and see how far your vision takes you.
Engaging. Bespoke. Unmissable.
Haus of Hendricks brings luxury branding to multidisciplinary projects, enriching businesses with design solutions that radiate success. In the pursuit of visual engagement, we channel the poetic, foster innovation, and throw open the doors of possibility.
With results-driven creativity and artful design, Haus of Hendricks curates high-end branding, marketing and organises events that inspire great change. From conception to completion, we forge narratives that bring customers to your door and provide graphic design, social content, and luxury packaging that sparks the imagination and cultivates success.
Please feel free to share this blog post on your feed! If you are interested in a conversation with us regarding how we can help your brand, do not hesitate to get in touch with me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org